Our company is looking for a programmer to assist in the development of two almost identical computer applications. If they could work on iPhone, iPad and Android platforms as well, that would be ideal. The application would consist of 3-5 pages of forms that contain fields to input information. Each page would contain 2-5 fields. After completing the inputs on one page, the application would “swipe” or be capable of clicking to the next page. The final page would generate two quotes or numbers based on background information housed in the application (“native” data).
1. Programmer: Will develop functionality of application based on description.
a. Organization: Will provide an Excel spreadsheet of native data to use in application. Additionally, we will provide a template idea of each page to use for development purposes. We will provide information on the functionality we require within the application (basic “swipe” or slide from page to page functionality, and final page quote generation.)
2. Programmer: Will determine general description of the number and type of icons, splash screens, tab icons, etc. that will need to be provided to complete app and will submit this to our designer.
3. Designer: Sends back graphics to programmer to be “popped” into the functional application layout.
4. Programmer: Inserts provided graphics into application. Completes functionality testing and submits to our company.
5. Organization: Completes in-house testing of application and sends back to programmer for any issues or concerns identifies.
6. Process 4-5 repeated until application is fully satisfactory to the organization’s requirements.
• The application must work properly on computers with different screen size and resolution, so that everything is dp (Density Independent Pixel). Tablets must be supported as well.
• Application must work in landscape as well.
• Once the application is open a front page with one 60 character field and a drop-down capability must appear:
o The field input from this page will appear at the top of the final “quote” page at the top and will say “[Input] Cost Savings Projection”
o The drop down will contain a functionality that will affect all calculations made for the final page quote.
Ex. Drop Down will say “Choose a repair” (Each repair will dictate different costs for the final calculation of the quotes.)
o NMD 50
o SDD 1700
• The application on iOS, Android and tablet based systems will then have a “Swipe” function by using a touch function that will allow the app to swipe to the next page by ‘dragging’ the page to the left.
o An arrow will also be available on the bottom right screen that will allow computer application users to go to the next page by clicking on the arrow.
• The following three to four pages will contain input fields. Each new page will have a new icon at the top. All pages will have one background screen.
o Fields will be basic and will be similar to this:
How much do you pay for the repair of this item: [Input Field: 6 characters]
• Final Page: Will generate cost projections based on native data and inputs made throughout application.
o The left side of the page will generate one quote and the right side of the page will generate a secondary quote using a different set of data.