We would like to create an online testing system for university students.
We want the user to be able to create an account for £25 for 12 months. They then have access to 4000 Mulitple choice questions (MCQ) each with 5 possible answers. The user selects which answer they believe to be correct. The website confirms if the answer is correct or not and provides a brief explanation as to why it is or isn’t correct. The explanation includes references.
The user is able to discuss question with other users on forums dedicated to each question.
The user is also able to rate the question.
The user is also able to track their progress by seeing a percentage of questions they have got right though out their session.
The user is able to choose a category for the questions to be tested on, or they can be tested on them all at random.
From the users view:
- They need to be able to create an account which they can log into and their progress through the questions are automatically saved as they progress. An account costs £20 and lasts a year
- The user answers questions which are put up one per page. Once they have answered them, they are told if they go the question right or wrong with a small amount of explanation of the answer
- They should be able to track their progress with a % of questions they got right or wrong
- They should be able to discuss the question on a dedicated forum if needed.
- They should be able to rate the question if they wish
- They should be able to choose which subject/questions they want to be tested on.
- Easily upload questions and 5 possible answers with an explanation as to the answer. We are aiming for around 5,000 questions.
- Organised questions into various topics/subjects.
- Monitor the questions and how they are answered by the user (ie time taken to answer, and % of users who get it correct)