Looking to set up an intranet or web based portal for a small company.
Currently only has 5-10 employees but growing rapidly so design needs to be capable of handling up to 30 employees.
- unlimited number of folders
- access restricted depending upon access privileges
- documents checked in/out to avoid more than one employee working on a document at same time. Controlled by privilege as need a method of over-riding this if required.
- document trail should be created, amended documents should not overwrite originals and details of who updated and when must be available.
- deletion of documents subject to user privileges.
Online Calendar -
- team members can set appointments/meetings themselves
- other team members can view their diaries
- capable of receiving notification of changes, meetings and appointments to diaries from the other staff depending upon allocated privileges.
- instant messaging facility when users are connected to Intranet (should show if user is online).
File Manager is the most important. Depending on bids submitted we may drop the Calendar and IM in which case we will request revised bids.
No need for project manager/accounts etc at this point but invisage that this may become necessary in future so would like system which is flexible and can cope with future requirements.
Company website currently hosted on a site which supports PHP and MySQL.
Please include a description of your proposal and include details of any software you plan to use.
Apologies if I make any (wrong) assumptions, suggest the impossible or miss out information but please do not hesitate to contact us if you require clarification on any point.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
all modern browsers