There will be approximately 1,000 products for sale. For the Ecommerce system, I want to have the look and feel of the OsCommerce system, similar to this site: [[url removed, login to view]] I want to be able to see a thumbnail picture next to every item in the database. However, I want the ecommerce system to be much more user-friendly and admin-friendly than the oscommerce system.
Here is the website of the market-leader: [url removed, login to view]
I want the designed website to be MUCH more user-friendly, streamlined and better looking than team-vip.
Features I want to have incorporated into the website:
1) Be able to have an order status page where customers may view their order status (which can be edited by the admin for custom messages and also generic processing steps ie. "order is being processed", "order has been completed") **It is imperative that I or my employees be able to enter in private custom messages in the order status for the customer to view when they log into their account with my site.**
2) The customer needs to be able to view their order history
3) The system must allow for multiple employees to separately log in, and be able to process individual orders that come in. I am open to suggestions on how to accomplish this, but my idea is to have a job order # that is unique and have it randomly or intentionally assigned to individual employees to fill the order (and have that information recorded as to which employee completed which orders.
4) I need to be able to have a referral system which calculates and pays out a % of sales to the person who referred the sale and have this system work for all future sales of that referral. As part of this, I need to have 2-3 banner design ads created that my customers can download and use it for referral business.
5) I need to be able to have auctions within my website that myself or my customers may start (if possible)
6) I need to have a simple chat window where the customer logs in using their customer account and then are able to chat with other customers connected to the website
7) I need to be able to accept direct credit card purchases, as well as Paypal so your recommendations are needed on this matter also.
8) I need a store logo designed for this project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Linux or Unix (will depend on server hosting company)