A background service which regularly posts the phone location to the SOAP web service.
If the current Latitude / Longitude is obtained but the web service is not available, it will remember the unsent readings (Lat, Long, Date/Time) in volatile memory array, and then send when the web service becomes available.
The service consists of the following:
1) A "Home" screen
2) A "Settings" screen
3) A background service
**SELECT Lattitude - Android GPS reporter "service".**
A background service which regularly posts the phone location to the web service.
After a specified number of seconds, the phone will determine the current Latitude / Longitude. If it gets this, it will attempt to send it to the Web Service (see below for more information)
If the current Latitude / Longitude is obtained but the web service is not available, it will remember the unsent readings (Lat, Long, Date/Time) in volatile memory array, and then send these in the order they were missed when the web service becomes available.
(Up to 40 readings should be remembered)
The GPS reporting service consists of the following:
1) A "Home" screen
Button to "Start/Stop" the location service.
Button to "TEST".
- Display the current Service Status (Running, Off)
- Display most recent status of GPS (Active / Not Available / Disabled)
- Display most recent status of Web Service Login (Ok / Failed)
- Display the latest Lat/Long with (Phone) Date/Time
Menu option to go to "Settings" screen
2) A "Settings" screen with the ability to enter:
- Service URL (a web address that the location can be posted to).
- Reporting Interval in secs (default to 180 secs)
- Auto-start when the phone starts (tickbox)
Web Service: See <[url removed, login to view]> for a description of the web service. (**[PushEngineerPosition]** and [**LastXPositions**])
After being started, the background application must not end until told to do so.
This app should run in the background.
Screen design available at: <[url removed, login to view]>
In your bid please state programming language and any technical implications or options. e.g.
a. Java SDK vs. phonegap, titanium etc?
b. Screen design improvements ?
c. If no GPS avail, whether you would use GSM provider network ?
d. As the first step we will ask you to check that you can post to our web service using the current variable types and formats (we will issue you with a test userID and password for this purpose)
e. Date/Time format for web service: *CCYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS
* *ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: *In consideration of privacy issues, the service should only obtain the location during standard working hours (e.g. Mon-Fri 8am to 5:30pm)* unless a setting indicates otherwise (e.g. a "24x7" tickbox). Any suggestions?*