• Architecting large scale analytical data processing solutions. Candidates with experience of analytical processing solutions for yield optimisation or similar are preferred.
• Architecting solutions using one or many of the following technologies. Candidates with experience of one or more of these technologies are preferable.
o Big Data Platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Presto, Airflow, Hive, HBase, Kaftka, Sentry)
o Streaming Analytics using Spark and Kaftka
o Analytics (SQL, Graph, Predictive) and Machine Learning – SQL, R, MLib, Tensor flow, Jupyter Notebook, Analytics Notebooks.
o Reporting and analytical data visualisation technologies – Tableau, AWS Quicksight and SPICE engine.
o Enterprise data warehouses (Exadata, RedShift)
o Data Integration – Talend, AWS Glue
o Amazon Web Services – Elastic Map Reduce, Kinesis (firehose, Analytics, Streams), Sagemaker, RedShift Spectrum, Quicksight & SPICE, Glue.
• Working with and understanding requirements captured from data scientists and management information analyst audiences.
• Delivering solutions for travel and hospitality, retail sector or similar environment.
• An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF and UML.