You have an essay to write of about 2000 words. The essay is based on Islamic women and community.
YOU MUST READ THESE TWO ESSAYS BEFORE WRITING THIS PROJECT.
• Zine, J. (2008, Spring). Honour and identity: An ethnographic account of Muslim girls in a Canadian Islamic school. Topia, 19, 35–61.
• Mcmurray, A. (2008). Hotep and hip-hop: Can black Muslim women be down with hip-hop? Meridians: Feminism, race, transnationalism, 8(1), pp. 74–92.
I WILL PROVIDE YOU PDF FILES OF THE ABOVE ESSAYS.
How the essay needs to be written
1. Both authors draw attention to the double standards within their own Muslim community as a problem for Muslim women living in an environment where Muslims are a minority. Some of their concerns relate to:
• Rigid regulation of gender-based structures
• Gender inequity
• Policing of young Muslim women’s bodies.
• Control of young women’s mobility
• Imposition of a single ideal type to which all young Muslim women are expected to conform
2. Summarize the main arguments of each author. Clearly note down some of their criticism of the double standards for women and men within each community. What reasons do the authors give for these double standards? What are some of their concerns about the effects of these double standards on young Muslim women?
3. Do you agree that young Muslim women in Canada face double standards of the kind noted by these authors? Provide examples. Do you agree or disagree with the authors’ criticism of such controls and limits on young Muslim women? Explain why or why not.
4. At any point in your paper you must refer to at least one incident or event reported in print, visual, or social media from 2015–16. This event should be used to support either the argument of the authors or your own arguments. Be sure to provide full citations.
• Objective: Your essay must demonstrate that you have read and clearly understood the arguments of both authors. You may, but are not required to, use any other reading from this course to support your arguments. However no outside reference is permitted except for the news event.
• Length: 2,000 words
• Requited: Running header or footer on each page with the name given to you, year, and page number
• Style: Times New Roman 12 point font, double-spaced:
• The paper must have an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. You may use the first person, i.e. “I” or “we”
• Include a title page.
• Provide a complete bibliography
• Use in-text citations with page numbers for all references to authors, in addition to direct quotes
47 freelancers are bidding on average $103 for this job
2000 WORD ESSAY ISLAMIC WOMEN AND COMMUNITY AFTER READING TWO ESSAYS BY TWO DIFFERENT I have read your requirement, I’m best for this job, send me text so that we can discuss further.
Dear employer,i have written many research essays related to islamic [login to view URL] inbox me for further [login to view URL] of my work will be shared upon request.
Dear client? Kindly consider me for your project of doing a 2000 word essay. I have excellent writing skills and i will do it well and deliver quality work and in time. Contact me for more details. Thanks
I am an expert researcher and essay writer, and I am familiar with your area of research. I believe I can write a good essay for you. Please let's discuss this further.