Title: News Aggregator/Blogger for Music Blog
Base Salary: $750 per month (with bonus)
Bonus: $5 for every 1,000 uniques you bring in each month (up to $6,000)
Hours: 10 posts a day, 200 - 500 words per post
Responsibilities & duties
The main responsibility for you is to collect and rewrite music news. Here are some of the topics you will need to get into:
1. The release of new albums / songs
2. Tour information
3. The release of new music videos
4. Music Industry, e.g. copyright cases, big record company decisions, deaths etc.
5. Notable personal news about artists
6. Controversial issues e.g. a controversial opinion from an artist
7. A notable performance
You will mainly be gathering news from sources around the world. However, since this is a site based in Hong Kong, more Hong Kong news and information will be needed. Think the proportion 7/3, i.e. 70% Hong Kong, 30% global. We will give you some sources to start with.
You are not just an aggregator. Traffic is all we are going for, and for that you will need to be a fast writer who can put original, engaging spins on the stories to attract readers.
You also will need to follow and advance breaking news; identify and cover emerging trends; and to generate conversations on the internet. You should be interested in taking part in those conversations by commenting on our blog.
All you have to do is to find a piece of news and put an interesting spin to it. Since you are mostly aggregating and the word count is low (200 – 500), it shouldn't take you very long finish your 10 posts for the day. Of course, we strongly engage you to put more time into your posts and getting the big bonus we offer.
• A good writer proficient in Chinese, since you will be writing in Chinese. (You can be from China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or even Europe/US, as long as you can write proficiently in the language.)
• A person with excellent English skills, so that you can understand and study the big viral sites like Gawker, Buzzfeed. You also need to aggregate from English sources. (This is also a reason why I posted this ad on Elance.)
• A Hong Kong person with knowledge of local slangs is preferred, but not required.
Those who have written for similar sites or have a portfolio on online writing is preferred. But we also welcome unexperienced writers that are open to new ideas.
Whether you are experienced or not, we expect your portfolio. If you don't have one, we might ask you to write a short piece for us to test your abilities.
Personal qualities & behavioral traits
• Willing to learn and improve
• Friendly and communicative
• Motivated, willing to take on new challenges
• Cooperative with other employees
• Willing to ask questions when in doubt, or when the instruction is not clear
• A love for music! Or, at least an interest in it. (I want your work to be fun.)
Performance Review Period
We are looking for long term partnership. For this, we will be reviewing your work first by hiring you for 30 days. If we think you are good, we will hire you long term. We will, of course, give you a significant raise for that.
Who are we?
Hong Kong is a city devoid of music culture. Many musicians found their dreams buried under this land. Atonla is here to reverse the situation. We are here to blur the line of underground and mainstream music, and instill once again a musical awareness into the people of Hong Kong. How do we do this? By building a viral content site. We are hungry for traffic. We will do anything, including viral aggregating, celebrity posting, even cat videos, to get traffic. Think Gawker, Buzzfeed, and anything in the same vein.
We will be giving you training so that you can develop new skills for your own benefit. We are bubbly and friendly, so consider this your invitation to a happy family!
12 freelancers are bidding on average $8815 for this job
Dear sir, I am a master and native Chinese. I have written several novels on the Internet. I love music too. I think I can help. Contact me and u can get what u need. Thanks!
Hello friend, I am native Chinese writer and translator and can deliver high quality work to you. Looking forward to hearing from you. All best. John
Certified Chinese translation services with a focus on Chinese English translation and English Chinese translation I am an editor who works in the publishing and translation industry for years.