Objective = build macro which can compare data from the Sharepoint file to the CMD file and populate in the Sharepoint file the possible customer ID number from the CMD file.
Things to consider ==
1. Customer name and city should be leveraged to compare the records.
2. Customer names will not be 100% match so need to factor in some variances. As such, consider the following:
a. If name is 100% match by the name disregarding symbols (eg. comma, periods, spaces, dashes, &) – consider it a match
b. If name is not 100% match but if you remove common words like (Co, Inc, Company, LLC, The, Corp) it is a match – consider it a match
3. In case more than one customer ID is possible, please include the multiple customer IDs identified.
4. Flexibility of Macro - We need to be able to have Macro which can be flexible in case we need to add more to be considered in 2.b.
1. End result file – sample of what is expected to be delivered
2. Sharepoint file – sample of file from Sharepoint source (does not contain the customer ID number)
3. CMD file – sample of file from CMD which does contain the customer ID number)
5 freelancers are bidding on average ₹1720 for this job
HI, I have 9 years of experience in excel. I am an expert in macro, vba, formulas etc. I have read and understood the project. Ping me for more discussion. Thanks