We are new business resulting from the merger of two professional services companies. Much of our work requires producing reports, and maintaining a consistently high standard of presentation is therefore important to us. We want to present documents in our corporate look and feel. As a first stage for this project we need a MS Word document to use as a template and merge with data held in 'WorkflowMax' (see [url removed, login to view]). It will form the basis of later documents.
The template must be set up as follows:
- double-sided A4 portrait
- include coverpage, document version control page, summary page, table of contents page, several chapters, ability for appendix and attachments, backpage
- tables with automatic numbering
- figures with automatic numbering
- automatic chapter heading on each 'opening'; odd and even page numbers different, first page of each section different
- styles for automatic numbering (probably 3 levels of numbering - eg Heading 1 = 3; Heading 2 = 3.2; heading 3 = 3.2.1, automatic numbering of paragraphs in legal style)
- a normal body text style, correctly aligned but un-numbered
- footnotes style
- styles need to be easily selected and applied by the user, although we do not know whether we will lock these to prevent user modification.
Additional ideas for improving functionality would be welcome. We have used WorkflowMax's ability to set up custom fields and it would be desirable to include these and the built-in fields within the resulting MS Word document. Our staff would then work on the document to write the report from the resulting document. The majority of the text in the document will be client/job specific so some degree of flexibility in the Word document will be necessary.
I will provide upon request:
- examples of previous/existing documents
- logos - recently developed and used throughout our business (signage, letterhead, uniforms etc...our website is under development)
- letterhead stationery (we already have this printed)
- typical text (although the focus of this stage is to get the Word document set up correctly)
We anticipate that we will 'test' the document in WorkflowMax ourselves rather than providing access to someone outside the organisation.
Excellent knowledge of MS Word
Possible developer skills for any macro or ‘add in’ that may be necessary
Graphic skills to set up an appealing and contemporary document (colours, fonts, alignment/placement etc)
Experience in moderately complex Word documents
You must be able to communicate competently in English. We will probably use Skype from time to time.
We anticipate that there will be subsequent engagements to produce other Word documents.