I\'m looking for a full time senior php developer, to work with an Israeli startup. The startup is 3 years old, recently completed an investment round, and we\'re looking for a technical expert to join our 7 people team.
The startup deals with online music lessons (piano and guitar), and it targets to the Israeli market and the German market. It\'s making revenue and well positioned to rock in 2016!
We\'re looking for someone that besides being a technical expert, will be a fun person to work with, a \"mensch\", with creative ideas, a drive for success, and an ability to push this project forward. We\'re not looking for a \"yes man\", but rather someone that will grow with us, ending to be the CTO of the company (we will not stick to one programmer, and a total of 8 people for long time, we plan to grow, and grow fast). So it\'s a long term position we\'re offering, with a real chance to grow and enhance your career with us.
With that said, the current job offered, is an \"all-around\" php developer, from backend development, to frontend, pretty much everything. If you\'re afraid from some dirty job here and there, you\'re not our guy. In such a small team we need everybody to be fully motivated, and yes, when our customer support guy is sick, the CEO might answer customer phone calls, each contribute as much as he can.
Of course, if there\'s a really nasty job to do, like PSD slicing, we would prefer to hire another programmer just for this task, rather than wasting our senior programmer time on it...
Currently we\'re using symphony 1.4 as the main framework, which is a pain in the #@! as it\'s old and not supported anymore, yet we\'re going to stick for it for a while, as there are urgent things we want to get done (a list will follow). We do plan a complete refactoring at the 3rd quarter of 2016.
- Great knowledge of PHP 5.3+
- Experience with Symfony 1.4 and Doctrine 1.
- Experience of working with APIs and payments integration (like PayPal)
- Practical knowledge about GIT
- Satisfying level of English.
Nice to have
- Good knowledge about preparing responsive HTML
- Know thing or two about FlowPlayer
- Experience with Amazon S3 CloudFront
- Some recent code you wrote to show
Future tasks (few examples)
1. Creating a mailing list database, based on our current database of users that will be linked to an external mailing solution.
2. Implementing of an external payment gateway that will allow using local payments in Germany.
3. Implementing the new design of the register page.
4. Fixing some bugs in our CRM system that doesn\'t store correctly emails of paypal users.
5. Renewal of SSL certification.
6. Working with our video streaming advisor to switch video player.
7. Implementing the new responsive design of the website (probably only on Q2).
Thanks for reading all this, I\'ll be glad to be contacted, please send me your CV and monthly expected salary.
57 freelancers are bidding on average $17/hour for this job
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks