Here is what to do,
1. Login Screen (PIN Code Activation) But devices should be registered first using MAC ID in the admin Panel.
2. All Channels list (Logo, Name, number and category)
3. Categorie List (Category logo and Name
4. Catch-UP TV (Replay) List (Channel Name, Logo, Date and time based EPG
5. Channel Sub-menu (Country, Genre, Categories)
6. Live Channel Preview (Auto Play Preview on Channel selection)
7. Press OK to Play in full screen
8. Change channel with UP/DOWN Keys, Change channel with Numbers.
9. Press OK again to show channels Sub-Menu while in Full screen
10. Long Press OK to add channel to favorites.
11. Long Press OK to remove channel from Favorites
12. User Profile (Subscription information, expiry etc)
13. Device information (STB Model, MAC ID, Serial No etc)
14. On application load, last played channel should be played.
15. On application load, should check for updates
16. On application load, should check for activation status, if activation is expired should show a message to user.
17. On stream load, should look for ads from server (Pre-Roll 10-30 second ads with Escape Option)
18. On stream load, should show ads in hourly interval, should not play every time. If a user receives ad now, he should not receive ads again until one hour. After one hour when he changes the channel then he should receive a new ad again.
19. Interface changes, would look and feel like TV app not mobile app.
20. Sub Channel list or Transparent Channels list should appear on by pressing OK Button on remote, while other channel is in full screen mode. Like all other traditional TVs.
21. User Registrations should be confirmed by Admins before user can access the user interface. Non-Registered users given access to demo channels only. A database table should be created for all devices which contain the following info (DeviceID, DeviceType, DeviceName, MacID, Serial Number). The BoxID should be relational to CustomerID and admin can see which customer has which box.
22. User should be able to add or remove a channel from favorites by long pressing OK Key on remote. Favorited channel’s logo should have a small golden start on the top right corner.
23. Share bottons should be removed.
24. After application load, all category list should appear, then the user should be able to choose which category he would like to open and watch.
25. Full screen ads should appear after application load, user should be able to close the ad without waiting (static full screen banners
Maybe we will add more option if necessary