Create an application or other advanced web based technology project. One primary
• Any HTML tags and page structure you use should be HTML5 compliant
• Apply CSS styling to your pages where appropriate so they do not appear as default
styled by the browser. I expect projects to look like finished professional projects.
• You may use any CSS framework like bootstrap if you like just note what you use in the
• You must include a readme file in PDF format as described in the readme section.
web pages with simple DOM manipulation.
• If you decide to host your application on your own server or some cloud provider so you
can use other services, like databases, include your URL in your readme, any instructions
I need, and submit all your source code to blackboard in the zip with your readme.
• Interactive WebGL scene with [url removed, login to view] (mouse, keyboard, or form data field interaction)
• Basic Canvas Interactive game (some type of game logic with user interaction)
• Investigate using processing language port [url removed, login to view] to make a complex interactive
canvas visualization or game.
• Full NodeJS Express CRUD application with JSON API (2 Data models minimum, Data
persistence stored in JSON files on the filesystem, RESTful url paths)
• NodeJS Express CRUD application with data stored in MongoDB (Data persistence stored
in MongoDB, You must host this on your own server account or some other MongoDB
provider, [url removed, login to view] provides free sandbox mongodb for development use, I will not
install MongoDB on my laptop to test your application.)
• NodeJS Express CRUD application with data stored in any Database (Data persistence
stored in a database, You must host this on your own server account or some other
provider, you can use any database that express supports. I will not be installing a
database locally to test your application.)
• Angular JS one page CRUD application using Angular 1.5 with data persistence with
• Angular JS one page CRUD application using Angular 2.0 beta with in memory data
storage. (no data persistence between loads)
visualization/graphing. Find a data set to use on [url removed, login to view]
• Use react JS to build a CRUD application with data persistence in localStorage or indexed
localStorage or indexed DB (ie Backbone, Ember, etc.)
You must submit a PDF version of a readme file with your project. This readme should describe
your project, what it does, how it works, and any issues you faced during development. The
first section should describe the application, discuss how it functions, what features it has.
Please include screenshots showing the working application. It should also have a section
describing the technologies you used (languages, libraries, frameworks, tools, including version
numbers, your computer environment and OS). There should also be a section that describes
steps required to run the application and any other instructions. The final section should
include and insights, issues your ran into, and things you learned working on this project. I
expect this readme to have some substance to it and not be just a single simple page.