This is a project for an eBook templates that need to be built on Habitat.inkling.com. Inkling is an eBook development and publishing platform. They support widget templates that will allow for the author then to include these widgets into their book.
The work is to deliver a template that is compatible with the Inkling Habitat environment, to render and provide interactivity for a typical example in a chapter in an Electrical Circuits eBook. One example of the implemented work can be found in the following link:
[url removed, login to view]
The example consists of the following components:
* The example renders up to four different levels of the circuit to reflect the student or user level of desired complexity.
* The example provides up to four different techniques to solve one problem. Once the technique is changed, the method of solving the example changes, this change might reflect changes on the graphics, equations, and/or text.
* The example shows by default a symbolic solution of the problem, it also provides five buttons for the student (user) to select a predefined set of values for each selection (Default/University/Random/Custom/Symbolic). These values are preselected by the author and once set by the student (user) will reflect on the graphics annotations and the text/equations within the example
* The example shows one or more SVG graphics (circuits) provided by the author, that can be annotated with symbols and/or values of the different components of the circuit
* The example provides the ability to show equations and solve those equations using the values provided by the student selection and by utilizing an equation solver.
What needs to be done is the following:
* The author will provide the book material along with access to the inkling habitat environment.
* Create a template that will be used to scale interactive examples to accompany the work titled Electric Circuits, 1st edition.
* Create five (5) common use cases of interactive examples to showcase the functionality of the Template.
* Interactive examples will feature example problems from selected book topics that can be changed with different numerical inputs to output a new numerical solution.
* The Template will be developed in collaboration with the author
* Developer will create the code and design for the Template as required by the guidelines and specifications (stated below).