Practical Session - Simulator
Simulation of Task Scheduling
In the context of Resource Management, the subject is to develop a simple simulator for simulating what happens when scheduling batch tasks and periodic tasks on a parallel platform.
The code can be written in any language (C/Java/Python/…).
The code should be versatile, to change easily its parameters.
The input (static or dynamic) of the simulator will be :
- a test file, describing the experiment to be done : the server file, the job file, the dependency file (if any), the number of times periodic tasks will repeat, the power cap, the energy cap
- a file with a list of tasks (periodic, aperiodic) with their properties (arrival date, units of work, deadline, period, power).
- a file with a list of servers (static power, performance, frequencies, local cap…)
- a file with a list of dependencies between tasks
The schedulers to implement are :
- One heuristic of your choice (greedy for instance, where jobs and servers are sorted by power, …)
The output of the simulator :
- the obtained schedule (starting time and end time for each task, on which server). The format of the output file is :
#jobID serverID starting_time ending_time
- some metrics to define (number of missed deadline, average or maximum tardiness, earliness, the power and the energy of the schedule, …. )
14 freelancers are bidding on average ₹10565 for this job
I can do this project. I have experienced in this field. Please hire me now to provide you project on time and high quality. Please, let me know if you have any question.
I have worked in parallel commissioning of weather simulators using CUDA. Further not related to this project I have interests in Compilers and Architectures.