- I want to have an application that is possible to package into an executable for each release
- I will need 3 different services to run simultaneously. 2 front-facing application (electron and a web server, and 1 backend application).
A NodeJS application with typescript. The purpose of this is to act like an API for the 2 other front-facing applications. The server will run only in locally.
Frontend #1 - electron:
Will be acting as an interface for the user to change different settings for the application.
Frontend #2 - web server
A web server that is served and accessible locally (localhost:xxxx), and will serve different views, communicating with the backend. (the user can configure how these views will appear at the end).
- Release process: that can package all of these applications together into a single executable file. It can be an installer that produces another executable. The goal is to have 1 file to deliver for the client. This one file should be responsible to spin up all these 3 applications inside.
- Updates: update process that enables users to notify about new versions of the application, and being able to update it with few clicks.
- Tests: test process for each projects, so that I can implement tests to cover my code.