Camera Operators for Pole Top Program
We are seeking 4 x camera operators to work on the upcoming Poletop program.
We use a helicopter to fly powerlink networks while we capture images of each pole from the helicopter using a hand held camera and computer system providing visual aid. The crews will be base themselves near to the area being surveyed and move around as the project progresses. Each day two crews in two aircraft will fly a number of missions capturing images of the pole top structures. These images will be sent back to us where an inspection is completed.
Camera operators are required to take images of each pole as well as manage any disk logistics required they may also be required to assist with general tasks in day-today activities. This task is challenging and requiring physical and mental stamina. We are targeting the highest levels of efficiency and image quality possible in the camera work.
Requirements for operators are as follows
- Available for work commencing immediately for 3 - 4 months
- 7 days on - 7 off roster
- Freelancer based in Northern NSW or South East Qld will be given preference.
- Photography experience is an advantage - particularly sports / action.
- Physically fit - Camera unit is 4.5 Kg and session can last up to 2.5 hours. This task is physically and mentally demanding.
- NOT afraid of heights or hanging out the side of helicopters.
- Some computer knowledge advantageous but not essential.
- An attitude of high quality and performance.
- Willing to work away from home.
- Accommodation, Travel, Training and PPE will be provided.