I need a VB script that will do the following in order from my Windows XP Workstation. I also need everything in the script well documented in case I need to change settings later on. I would like it written in VB 6 and NOT .net.
1. Open and execute a simple sql query I have created on a MS SQL db.. I have MS SQL Studio 2005 on my workstation.
2. Open a MS Access db file I have created with two tables. I have Access 2003 on the workstation.
3. Delete all records in one table (Previous weeks data).
4. Copy all records from second table (Current Week data) to the
previous week table.
5. Delete all records current week table.
6. Copy results from sql query in step 1 into the Current Week table.
7. Close all applications when finished.
*The sql query and Access db file will be in the same folder.
Basically what I am doing is keep on ongoing record of current and week old data for comparisons. I only need the current and previous week data for this task. This script /task will be run once a week (Mondays) for my purposes.
Once the bid has been accepted I can provide the sql script and the access db for development and testing.