I have a program written in Visual Basic 3 (I wrote it and have the code).
It has run quite well on all Windows for more than 10 years and will run from a thumbdrive without installation. But it does not run well on 64 bit Windows (I have a hack using DosBox to run it but graphics and speed are not too good).
I would ideally like to convert it to a Portable Application, so that it ideally runs
1) From a thumbdrive without installation
2) On 32 and 64 bit windows (even better if its cross platform)
3) Ability to load different languages for buttons and messages
4) Source code should be released to me at each milestone
The current program can be downloaded and tested to see how it looks;
[url removed, login to view]
The program is designed to be a database of materials used in perfumes accessed from a combobox and displayed in a panel (bottom right)
The materials can then be added to the formula grid to make and save a unique formula
It consists mainly of :
Graph (Pie Graph/Chart)
Picture box with Pictures linked to urls
User Configuration file
Various mathematical algorithms (I would supply these) to draw graphs and fill the grid.
Currently links to 3 Random access files which act as the databases (I can generate these as a My Sql query or similar.)
A search function for multiple words in any order
Link to shopping cart online
(1) Feasibilty for writing as a portable app and also for a PhP online version
(2) Estimated timing for completion of these milestones (these will also be payment stages):
i) Basic Interface
ii) Adding additonal coding for functions and alogrithms
iv) 1 months Post project support
Source code should be released at each stage
(3) Openess to explain coding. I would expect to be able to do minor debugging of the software myself.
(4) Arrangements for ongoing post project support.