Wordpress plugin development
This project received 22 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $224 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
We are looking for a Wordpress plugin developer.
This is a competition to identify a developer who we can work with on a long-term basis to help us develop a bespoke Wordpress site. We want you to create a plugin that meets the specification below. The plugin has no real practical use; but it is simply the first phase of a complex plugin which itself is the first of several plugins we will require developing and maintaining.
We will select no more than 3 candidates and to determine these three candidates we will ask you to contact us expressing your interest and subsequently propose how you will implement the solution. Questions you ask will also help us determine how well you understand what we are trying to achieve.
The final three candidates will develop the plugin and will be judged on how well the plugin meets the specification, how well it looks, the approach you have taken to do the work, the communication and the way you engage with us. Communication is to be via. Skype. We will pay the winning candidate $100 for the task we are setting.
The purpose of this plugin is to create a user account based on the data the user enters. If the user already exists then we return an error that we display.
- [ ] The data entry form must be styled nicely using css so that once we decide on the color schemes etc. the plugin can be easily modified
- [ ] The form should be adaptive and responsive so that it will work on desktop browsers, tablets and phones in portrait orientation
- [ ] The data entry fields must include validation, validation errors are to be shown nicely formatted
- [ ] The data entry fields must be hardened against scripting attacks
- [ ] The fields required are: mobile number, country code, email, credit card number, expiry date (MM/YYY), CVV number
- [ ] The country code and mobile number will by concatenated to make the username
- [ ] The plugin will check to see if the user exists, if so it will show a formatted error message and stop, otherwise it will carry on.
- [ ] The form data, including the username and password will be passed to a function that does nothing except return a Boolean flag, true, and a random string we will use for the password
- [ ] The user will then be created, with only the username and email stored in the user metadata.
Browse Related Skills
Other things people do on Freelancer
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online