Objective is to convert an excel file in one format (input) to another standardized format (output). Format here refers to the way data table is organized in the excel file. The input format can vary as data is received from various sources. The output format is the standard required.
See an example below:
Data is received from a supplier in the input format. See [url removed, login to view] and [url removed, login to view] files.
Data is then migrated to the output format. See [url removed, login to view]
Note, the input format can vary because it comes from different sources. But the output format is always organized the same way.
What is required from the coder:
Write a program that coverts any input format to the standardized output format. This can be done by matching which columns in the input file will match which columns in the output.
Notes on the columns in the output file:
Item code, Product name, Brand, Price and Quantity - must always come from input file
Age is sometimes available in the input file
Categories are usually not available in the input file
Description is sometimes available in the input file
Image URLs must be created. They do not come from the input file.
Three important issues to note in the format conversion:
1. The data must be kept in a standardized format.
- Product names must start with a capital letter, but not all capital.
- Age range must be in the format presented.
- There should be no extra spaces
2. Some data will need to be converted using a logic.
- Age range: We have standard age ranges of 0-2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8, 8-12, 12+years. If for example, manufacturer provided age range is 5-10 years, then it must include the toy in three age ranges, which is 4-6, 6-8, 8-12.
- Image URLs must be standardized and must be in the same number as the number of images available.
3. Some information may be missing in the input file which is required in the output file. In this case, we are also interested in creating an automated search off the internet sites where this product is listed, which is common called web scraping.
We are looking for a tool that coverts the input format to the output format. And another tool that does web scraping for the information that is missing. The tools should be quick and easy to use.
9 freelancers are bidding on average $207 for this job
I am not random bidder. I have 14+ years of exp with various project exposure. Please ping me if you are intersted with my proposal and share more info. Thank you