The initial scope would be for portal to accommodate three core clients who make 10-20 bookings daily for taxi services each. Each client would have a portal where they can login and request taxi services that will be scheduled within 24 hours of booking. The client must only be able to see their assigned driver to their bookings, which will be mapped to an available driver in a fleet of ten vehicles.
To accommodate location of vehicle, Taxi Company will be purchasing 10 mobile devices equipped with data to provide geo location of vehicle. These devices can be assigned to the specific vehicle.
The client will be required to fill out an online request form (fields to be provided) from which the request will be processed. Billing is to be calculated based on rates (to be provided) at the end of each trip as the initial booking may have deviations in destination depending on the passenger. So billing and payment will be calculated and submitted to the client for processing after the trip.
A mobile portal will need to be designed for the passenger to login and view where their assigned driver is as well as be presented with an ETA for arrival. Upon completion of trip, passenger must be able to rate driver and this info must be able to be present within the admin backend portal as well as client portal.
For accessibility across all devices, the system will be built as “Mobile Web application” allowing for easy access across all devices.
Management (Taxi Company):
• Add Vehicle \ Driver to assigned customer profile
• Add billing charge at the end of the trip
• Process payments, upload receipts (API Payment Gateway)
Customer (Back end administrator):
• Go to mobile portal, and access Booking system
• Log in using an email address and password (Customer will have option to create multiple profiles for their company)
• View location of assigned driver \ vehicle for pick up
• Process charges using credit card
• Receive email receipt