This project is quite simple. We have an existing website, custom made in PHP. We wish to convert it to WordPress. The design should be relatively close to what we have (logo and color scheme should stay the same).
BACKGROUND STORY: this is for a non-profit corporation. It is a club-based and membership-based organization. Our members use the website to look for information. The people who put the content on the website are elected volunteers, meaning they are responsible for one year before someone else take the role. We have over 40 people who should be able to post content, please keep that in mind.
NOTE: we will host the WordPress instance ourselves, so we need to be able to download the whole WP instance you will create or at least the configuration files and the database schema (MySQL).
There is a lot of static content, that's the easy part.
Now the hard part. We need a few plugins for dynamic content. Let me list them as Must Have, Should Have and Would Like.
Must have (4 items):
- Multi-language plugin: for now, we need English and French (Canadian-French), but we could add more languages later. Most of the content would be mirrored and translated in both languages. This is an absolute must;
- Facebook Event plugin: we would like to post events in one place ONLY. Wether it is on the website with a copy send to our Facebook group page OR we post on Facebook and it appears on a list on the website. Whatever is simpler;
- Calendar plugin: we have several deadlines per year, and they are re-inserted every year. Some sort of a calendar plugin would be great. If we could sort the dates by type to differentiate the Events and the Deadlines, that would be great;
- Announcements plugin: we have a need for displaying announcements on the front page of the website;
Should have (4 items):
- Archives: We have a need to keep every version of every document;
- Contact information page: We have many many people who run this organization, from a Club President, to the Treasurer, with a few leading Chairs for different projects. These people hold their position for one year and are either elected or appointed. We need an easy way to list the name, position, phone number, and e-mail address for these people. The list of roles are pretty much the same year after year, but new roles may be added or old roles removed at the beginning of the year. This information should be archived somehow;
- Contest plugin: we run many incentive contests every year to promote membership growth. Is there some sort of Contest plugin for WP?
- Google Map plugin: we need to list our clubs and if possible, display their location on Google Map;
Would like (3 items):
- FAQ Plugin: is there a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) plugin in WP?
- Members section: if possible, we would like to have some of the contest only accessible to members using a login (username and password). If possible, we should allow them to login using Facebook or WP login, so that we do not have to manage the access, only grant permission to whoever is asking for it;
- Google Drive Plugin: Beside the static content, that we will add as regular WP posts, we have the need to share files, such as PDFs, Excel Spreadsheets, Word Documents and PowerPoint Decks. For now, we use a Google Drive account. Is there some sort of Google Drive plugin for WP?
We have a tight budget for this project. There is a total of 11 items on our list of requirements. Some are MUST HAVE, some are SHOULD HAVE, some are WOULD LIKE. The amount of money we will allow for the project will really depend on your ability to convince us you can do it and how many of the items you are able to provide.
NOTE: We CANNOT have anything custom made, we wish to use existing plugins only so that we have nothing to maintain but the WordPress instance.