We are currently migrating our website to woocommerce and bringing it up to date.
We sell metal pipe fittings and tube, and we offer a tube painting (powdercoated) option.
We have tried quite a few ways to achieve this, but none are ideal, we know how we would like this to work, but cant implement it. Please read on and respond if you think you can make the below work for us;
1. Ability to set the option 'can item be powdercoated' YES/NO on items in woocommerce, either metadata or otherwise.
2. Ability to set 'units of powdercoating' per item (for example a single fitting is 1 unit, but a gate contains 8 units of powdercoating)
3. Ability to set 'cost per unit of powdercoating'
4. Minimum charge (under 1-25 units charged at 25 units regardless)
5. Display of powdercoating options on emails and backend order view.
1. Button or area in checkout that can work out the units of powdercoating, ask for a colour, and apply the charge (cost X units) or (minimum charge X 1)
2. Something on the product view page that says 'this item can be powdercoated' on items where this is possible.
I am thinking something similar along the lines of 'Would you like to powdercoat this order for £[login to view URL]' and a box where they can add this to the cart or apply to the order.