Write some Software
- Status Closed
- Budget $1500 - $3000 USD
- Total Bids 65
To develop Android Tablet based application that will be connected to the
waste truck weight measurement and GPS system serial interfaces using a USB converter acting as a middle layer. The application will read data
from the a weighing device in binary form, convert it to decimal and sync it with the server database, along with the GPS coordinates fetched from tablet hardware.
Android Tablet App
• Home screen (landing page)
• Handshaking and Status of connection update between tablet and device every minute.
• An indicator will be displayed on the top bar showing the status of the connection.
• Pulling data from the serial ports in binary form and converting it to decimal system.
• GPS location data from the tablet will also be sent to server along with the data fetched
• from the device serial port.
• Saving the data on the internal memory of the application of the device so that it is
• preserved until successfully saved on the server database.
• Connectivity to the server database using the web service. Web service will be consumed
• by the android app to send the data to the server.
• Device side and server side error and status code handling and displaying relevant
• Offline sync mechanism to save data on the device by time stamps in case of server
• connectivity failure. E.g. Server failure, Internet Failure or Web service failure.Get free quotes for a project like this
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online